All the information you need to know
OUR HIRE CHARGES INCLUDE
- Ready-to-go camper (for use in the UK only – European cover available at OXCAMPERS discretion and for an extra fee).
- Comprehensive insurance cover for up to 2 drivers (subject to terms). A standard excess of £500 applies to all hirers. In the event of any damage to either the camper or 3rd party property, the hirer will be liable for the excess amount. The hirer will also be fully liable for any repair or replacement of the windscreen and any damaged tyres. Personal belongings are not covered under our insurance.
- Breakdown assistance.
- Free off road parking for your vehicle (owner assumes all risk).
- Mileage limited to 300 miles per day.
- Camping and Caravan club membership. Your Camper will come equipped with the Clubs campsite guide and privilege card which will give you up to 30% off club site prices. Find out more on the Camping and Caravanning Club website.
- Full tank of Diesel, the camper must be returned with a full tank. Failure to do so will incur a cost of £1.50 per litre.
COVID 19 PROCEDURES
- If the customer’s home county is in lockdown – A full refund will be offered or alternatively a voucher valid for 12 months from the original hire start date)
- If OXCampers home county is in lockdown – A full refund will be offered or alternatively a voucher (valid for 12 months from the original hire start date)
- If the whole of the UK is in lockdown – A full refund will be offered or alternatively a voucher (valid for 12 months from the original hire start date)
- If the county which you have planned to visit enters lockdown at the time of your rental, a voucher for the full amount will be issued (valid for 12 months from the original hire start date). However, this will incur a 10% admin fee based on the full value of the original booking.
- Drivers between the ages of 25-75 are covered within our standard insurance.
- Drivers must have held a full UK driving licence for at least 2 years.
- Drivers should not have more than 6 penalty points on their licence.
- Drivers must declare their occupation on the booking enquiry as some restrictions may apply, i.e. professional sportsman, under graduates, military personnel.
Our insurance company can be flexible on the above criteria, so please fill in the booking enquiry and we shall check with them before accepting/declining your booking.
- Details of all drivers is required
- All drivers are liable for any legal penalties including speeding fines and parking tickets incurred within the hire period.
- Each driver when collecting the camper must bring proof of identification to confirm their address, utility bills less than 3 months old are sufficient.
- Each driver must bring both parts of their driving licence when collecting the camper. If the driver has an old style licence then a passport must also be submitted as photo identity.
A refundable deposit of £500 is payable either; in advance by cleared payment in the form of a cheque or the day before hire begins by bank transfer. This security deposit will be refunded on return of the Camper to our location at the agreed time on the agreed date, in the same condition in which it was hired – with the interior and all cooking appliances/equipment clean and a full tank of diesel. Any breakages, damage to the Camper or missing items will be deducted from the security deposit. This includes any damage to any extras that are hired, i.e sat nav, awning etc. (A full inventory and vehicle report will be given at the beginning of the hire period and checked at the end)
Campers will not be released without security deposit, proof of address and driving licence (and passport if applicable).
- OXCampers operate a strict No Smoking or Vaping policy in our campers.
- Any additional cleaning costs incurred due to smoking or vaping in the camper will be deducted from the security deposit
- Damage caused by smoking or vaping is not covered by the insurance, therefore the hirer will be liable for the full cost of repairs up to the value of the camper.
Availability of our vans can be determined by filling out a booking enquiry form. Upon receipt of this OXCampers will confirm availability and e-mail you a booking form which must be printed, filled out, signed and sent back to us with a non-refundable deposit to the value of 25% of the hire booking. Once this has been received along with payment, then the camper will be reserved. Full payment is required 4 weeks before the date of hire. Payments can be made by cheque or bank transfer. Late bookings, made less than 4 weeks before hire, will need to be paid for in full at the time of booking. If this is less than 1 week from hire then a cheque will not be accepted as payment.
Only one discount code may be applied per booking and voucher must be sent in with the booking form.
Vouchers are only valid for 12 months from date of issue. Vouchers must be returned to OXCampers at point of booking. Voucher has no cash value. Where the value of the hire is less than the voucher, a new voucher will be issued for the remaining amount.
The hirer has 7 working days from the day of booking to cancel, or amend, a booking and receive a full refund, this must be done in writing. There is no full refund cancellation period where the hire starts within 7 days of the booking. If the unforeseeable happens and you must cancel your hire more than 4 weeks in advance then the booking deposit will be kept by OXCampers. If you cancel less than 4 weeks from the hire date then the full booking payment will be kept by OXCampers. If, however, we manage to find another booking for this hire period then your booking payment will be returned minus the deposit.
Our campers are maintained to a high standard by Mark who has 16 years experience in the motor trade with the last 6 years spent with Volkswagen. In the event of a breakdown, we have comprehensive breakdown assistance for our campers which will provide Roadside Assistance, Recovery and where no repair is possible within a reasonable time, Relay will be provided to our premises where a replacement van may be offered (subject to availability). If we are unable to replace your camper, we will refund your hire charge for any days remaining where total use of the vehicle has been lost (If the breakdown has been caused by driver neglect or misuse then no replacement camper or refund will be provided, and the hirer will be responsible for all costs incurred).
We recommend that you take out suitable holiday insurance to cover any cancellation that may be incurred and any loss of personal possessions due to fire or theft damage to the camper as this is not covered by our insurance.
The campers are available for collection from 3pm on the day of hire. Please allow 45 mins for the hand over. This includes completing all necessary paperwork and a tour of the camper. The campers must be returned by 12 noon on the agreed date. OXCampers must be notified of any late return, unless arranged in advance. Failure to do so will incur a cost of £20 per hour. Any further costs incurred due to disruption of the next hirer’s holiday due to a late return will be passed onto the hirer.